The SharePoint Architect works closely with the IT departments to architect, design, develop, deploy and support enterprise level MicrosoftSharePoint solutions. This resource is required to effectively manage relationships with business stakeholders, third party providers and internal IT and business participants.
- Designs, develops and implements solutions and monitors application development priorities to ensure quality and on-time delivery.
- Uses system and technical knowledge to provide recommendations for proposed enhancements or functional changes leveraging cost effective design approaches.
- Communicates with business and provides advice related to technical solutions and design.
- Designs documents and implements processes, procedures and workflows.
- Creates technical documentation, researches, interprets and builds knowledge of applications and programming code, maintains program libraries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- At least 4 years experience in SharePoint design, development and support
- 4 years experience in developing, customizing and implementing software solutions using, Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008
- Advanced understanding of business workflows and capabilities of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007/2010, SharePoint Designer 2007/2010, Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server, and Microsoft Office suite of products (InfoPath forms, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Word Documents)
- Knowledge of LDAP/Active Directory authentication and group security as it relates to SharePoint
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to interpret business rules and translate them into program logic
- Ability to develop and execute test cases