If you have a computer science degree, have a data structure and algorithm background, and are interested in being a part of the development of a high-performance semantic search engine, read on! Trovix, a division of Monster, is looking for exceptional Software Engineers to work on our highly scalable and large-scale Semantic Search platform. We are looking for self-motivated, innovative problem solvers and strong team players who genuinely enjoy working with people, are eager to learn, have a good sense of humor and who can contribute to a fun, high energy environment.
The ideal candidate needs to have a good blend of the following required and desired skills.
- Search-engine experience; familiarity with Nutch/Lucene/SOLR/full-text-search databases, search quality testing, query analysis, ranking, relevance.
- Experience with performance tuning.
- Exposure to NoSQL databases.
- Moderate scripting skills either in Bash or a scripting language like Python/Perl.
BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field. MS Degree is highly preferred.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field or 3+ years of production coding experience
- Relevant industrial or academic experience in the several of the following areas: information retrieval, data mining, search, NLP, and machine learning.
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms.
- Strong programming/debugging skills in Java or an equivalent language.
- Exposure to highly concurrent, multi-threaded, and, distributed systems.
- Exposure to web applications and services and databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Fast and eager learner.